Saturday, 13 August 2016

being yourself in the love of another (14 August 2016)




In a good marriage each is the other's better half.
- Alfred Hitchcock






Had the beautiful Ms Reville not accepted a lifetime contract without options as Mrs Alfred Hitchcock some 53 years ago, Mr Alfred Hitchcock might be in this room tonight, not at this table but as one of the slower waiters on the floor.  I share my award, as I have my life, with her.
- Alfred Hitchcock




I ask permission to mention by name only four people who have given me the most affection, appreciation, and encouragement, and constant collaboration. The first of the four is a film editor. The second is a scriptwriter. The third is the mother of my daughter, Pat. And the fourth is a fine a cook as ever performed miracles in a domestic kitchen. And their names are Alma Reville.


- Alfred Hitchcock




"If Mr H said Alma liked it very much," [Hilton] Green said, " it was the greatest compliment Hitchcock could ever pay a writer."  The only greater compliment was, "Alma loved it."
- Charlotte Chandler, It's Only a Movie: Alfred Hitchcock A Personal Biography






If I won't be myself, who will?
- Alfred Hitchcock



Mrs Alfred Hitchcock: 'The Unsung Partner' (The Telegraph)

Alfred Hitchcock, born 13 August 1899
Alma Reville, born 14 August 1899



No comments:

Post a Comment