Mary Cassatt, The Child's Bath, 1893
I think that if you shake the tree, you ought to be around when the fruit falls to pick it up.
- Mary Cassatt
Paul Cezanne, Still Life with Pomegranate and Pears, 1890Cezanne is one of the most liberal artists I have ever seen... he grants that everyone may be as honest and as true to nature from their convictions; he doesn't believe that everyone should see alike.
- Mary Cassatt
I am independent! I can live and I love to work.
- Mary Cassatt

Atelier Paul Cezanne, Aix-en-Provence
- Mary Cassatt
To me art is a form of manifest revolt, total and complete... with Dada I also have in common a certain mistrust towards power. We don't like authority, we don't like power.
- Jean Tinguely
Jean Tinguely
Art is the distortion of an unendurable reality... Art is correction, modification of a situation; art is communication, connection ... Art is social, self-sufficient, and total.
Jean Tinguely





No comments:
Post a Comment