Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.
- Thomas Huxley, biologist

Although many of us may think of ourselves as thinking creatures that feel, biologically we are feeling creatures that think.
- Jill Bolte Taylor, neuroscientist
I love knowing that I am simultaneously as big as the universe and yet merely a heap of star dust.
- Jill Bolte Taylor, neuroscientist
I realized that the blessing I had received from this experience was the knowledge that deep internal peace is accessible to anyone at any time. I believe the experience of Nirvana exists in the consciousness of our right hemisphere, and that at any moment, we can choose to hook into that part of our brain.
- Jill Bolte Taylor, neuroscientist
To the right mind, no time exists other than the present moment, and each moment is vibrant with sensation. Life or death occurs in the present moment. The experience of joy happens in the present moment. Our perception and experience of connection with something that is greater than ourselves occurs in the present moment. To our right mind, the moment of now is timeless and abundant. In the absence of all the rules and regulations that have already been defined as the correct way of doing something, our right mind is free to think intuitively outside the box, and it creatively explores the possibilities that each new moment brings. By its design, our right mind is spontaneous, carefree, and imaginative. It allows our artistic juices to flow free without inhibition or judgment.
- Jill Bolte Taylor, neuroscientist



No comments:
Post a Comment